Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time is the Fire in which we Burn

One pain every blogger knows is that all his posts very fast disappear. Now, for 90% of the posts that's not at all a problem. They either commented something that was happening at the time or were just not very good.

Some posts, however, are still relevant. And some of these are actually good. At least, that's what I like to think. That's why I have decided to make a post about some of my better posts. I will link to three of them.

Since this blog has grown from about 5 to almost 300 readers a day, I hope that most of these posts are actually new to you.

September 2009: Unpredictable Dungeons

September 2010: The Fun Fallacy

January 2011: Sandboxes Without Sand

If you think that any other post on this blog is especially good, I'd be happy if you told me in the comments. And, well, you can also tell me what you don't like about the blog; this information may even turn out to be more valuable.

---
Unrelated link.

5 comments:

  1. You are on my blog reader, I do like your strongly opinionated style, and I appreciate your prolific writing.

    But, since you asked, it bugs me a bit that you often are more verbose in the comment strings than your readers.

    I prefer, and find more interesting, comment strings that are allowed to have a life of their own, with occasional short counterpoints or redirection by the blogger.

    And for me, the string's the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bristal. I'm not sure I'm going to change my commenting style, but it's good to get feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs up, thanks for the links. I had missed a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just like to mention that I disagree with Bristal. Nils takes part in the discussion and doesn't just "rate" the comments. He doesn't insist on his opinion and sometimes changes or adjusts his opinion based on comments.

    Commenting on a blog like Tobolds or Gevlons is way less interesting as those two will never move a bit from their initial opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kring. I try very hard to keep an open mind :)

    ReplyDelete